Title: Ep. 00: Building an augmented reality game for academic libraries with Amber Sewell, reviewer Charissa Powell, and guest host Lori Beckstead.
Description: In this pilot episode, host Amber Sewell offers up her instructional design case study about building an augmented reality learning experience at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville for discussion. Peer reviewer Charissa Powell gives her critiques and suggestions, and guest host Lori Beckstead provides valuable perspective from outside the discipline.
Lori Beckstead is the co-host and co-producer of The Podcast Studies Podcast and an associate professor of sound and audio at the Toronto Metropolitan University in Toronto, Canada.
Charissa Powell (she/her) is the Head of the Student Success and Curriculum Partnerships Department at the Library, Museums and Press at the University of Delaware. Some of her research interests include information privilege and feminist pedagogy. She edited, with Ingrid Ruffin, The Emotional Self at Work in Higher Education. Charissa is also co-founder and editor of The Librarian Parlor (libparlor.com), a community for researching librarians. You can find her on Twitter @charissaapowell.
- Music is Palms Down by Confectionery by Blue Dot Sessions (www.sessions.blue).
- You can find this episode wherever you prefer to get your podcasts!
- Submission forms for researchers and reviewers available at libparlor.com/podcast.
- Apply to become a co-host.
- The Podcast Studies Podcast: https://www.podpage.com/podcaststudiespodcast/
- Lori’s podcast, Open Peer Review Podcast: https://oprpodcast.ca/
- Charissa’s book, The Emotional Self at Work in Higher Education: https://www.igi-global.com/book/emotional-self-work-higher-education/243086
- Metaverse augmented reality app
- LaBrake, M., & Deptula, M. (2018). Reinventing new student orientation with an augmented reality scavenger hunt. Marketing Libraries Journal, 2(1), 96-103.
Citation: Sewell, A. (2022). Ep. 00: Building an augmented reality game for academic libraries with Amber Sewell, reviewer Charissa Powell, and guest host Lori Beckstead [Audio podcast episode]. The LibParlor Podcast. https://libparlor.com/2022/09/16/the-libparlor-podcast-ep-00/.
Transcript: Available here.
Thank you for having a transcript!
Pingback: The LibParlor Podcast – Library Professional Development