If you can believe it, LibParlor turns five years old this year. It seems like just the other day we were launching this space and we have been so grateful for the community that has evolved through this work. Here are a few highlights from us since our last birthday post:
- We earnestly began our work on LibParlor Online Learning. Projects in our first year included a national needs assessment survey and focus groups, hiring a grant forum travel coordinator, and hosting a curriculum planning forum at the University of Nevada Las Vegas.
- We worked with 7 writers on new posts.
- We posted 11 classifieds to connect our community with people and research opportunities.
- LibParlor welcomed over 8,500 visitors and 18,000 views on the blog.
Some of our favorite LibParlor memories are…
- Meeting LibParlor community members at ACRL 2019 in Cleveland! Creating professional relationships and making friends both online and in person is such a fulfilling part of professional development for us. We’ve felt especially grateful to have the other LibParlor lead editors as colleagues and friends.
- Learning we received an IMLS grant for LPOL! Submitting the grant was a huge undertaking and we learned so much along the way. It was just exciting to see our ideas recognized and financially supported by IMLS. We were also grateful to go through this process with each other and all of our supporters encouraging us!
In turning five, we just want to thank every person who has supported, amplified, and contributed to LibParlor. We could not have done this work without our writers, colleagues, and community. We look forward to the next five years for LibParlor.