In this Parlor Chat, our episodes about demystifying research and scholarship processes, Amber sits down with the Library Writing Cooperative, a group of librarians who have created a space for library workers to share their work and ideas. We’ll learn about how they got started, their First Draft Matchmaker Program, and get a tease about their next initiative, National Article Writing Month!
Amanda Izenstark (she/her) is Professor, Reference & Instructional Design Librarian at the University of Rhode Island. Her research interests include information literacy, educational technology, and academic librarianship.
Ann Agee (she/her) is the Library Faculty Chair at the Martin L. King, Jr. Library at San Jose State University in California. Her research interests include collection management, text mining, and information literacy.
Holly Jackson (she/her) is an assistant professor/Student Success Librarian at Commonwealth University, Mansfield campus. Her research interests include gamified learning for instruction, assessment practices, campus collaborations, and student employment created in campus partnerships.
Anna Sandelli (she/her) is Associate Professor and Head of Teaching and Learning Programs at the University of Tennessee Libraries. Her research interests include student-created learning communities and how instructional and teaching experiences shape leadership and management practices.
- Editing by David Ramos Candelas.
- Music is Palms Down by Confectionery by Blue Dot Sessions (www.sessions.blue).
- Submission forms for researchers and reviewers available at libparlor.com/podcast.
- Library Writing Cooperative website
- Izenstark, A., Agee, A., Jackson, H., Sandelli, A., & Roberts, L. (2021). So you want to publish: Becoming a researcher. College & Research Libraries News, 82(1), 10. Doi: https://doi.org/10.5860/crln.82.1.10
- Ivins T. & Pemberton A. (2019). How to write and get published : a practical guide for librarians. Rowman & Littlefield. https://worldcat.org/en/title/1077517139
Citation: Sewell, A. (2023). Ep. 01: A chat with the Library Writing Cooperative [Audio podcast episode]. The LibParlor Podcast. https://spotifyanchor-web.app.link/e/DG3ry1bvBBb.