This month we are celebrating LibParlor’s sixth birthday with our tradition of looking back at the year gone by before looking ahead to all the exciting things on the horizon! Since our last birthday post, we:
- Launched our new open peer review podcast, hosted by Amber Sewell
- Welcomed our new Contributing Editor Pamela and published her first post
- Hired an amazing group of creators to help us build our LPOL curriculum
- Presented a poster at ALISE 2022
- Spoke about LPOL at the 2023 Empirical Librarians Conference and invited participants to share how our curriculum could help LIS researchers
- Discussed our grant and the process of getting one during a panel at ACRL 2023 in Pittsburgh
- Published six fantastic posts with more on the way
- Welcomed over 5k visitors to the blog
As always we want to thank you, our community of readers and writers, for making LibParlor what it is today. We’re constantly evolving in order to serve the needs of library workers pursuing research and we credit your generous support, contributions, and thoughtful feedback for all of our success.
We have some really exciting things to look forward to in the year to come, including our LPOL pilot program. If you would like to be paid to test out our curriculum and give us feedback before we launch, please fill out this form! We’ll be releasing more information about the program in January.
As summer starts winding down, we want to hear from you and what you’ve been working on — consider writing for us, submit a classified, share this blog with a colleague, and let us know what research content you want to see on LibParlor!