For those who didn’t hear the pre-conference podcast Amber and guest Charissa Powell created for the Critical Librarianship & Pedagogy Symposium last year, we are featuring it in The LibParlor Podcast stream! This episode is a behind the scenes look at the creation of the podcast, as well as what it was like to record the first open peer review episode.
Charissa Powell (she/her) is the Head of the Student Success and Curriculum Partnerships Department at the Library, Museums and Press at the University of Delaware. Some of her research interests include information privilege and feminist pedagogy. She edited, with Ingrid Ruffin, The Emotional Self at Work in Higher Education. Charissa is also co-founder and editor of The Librarian Parlor (libparlor.com), a community for researching librarians.
Listen to the episode wherever you get your podcasts, or from our Spotify page.
- Open Peer Review Podcast hosted by Lori Beckstead
- The Podcast Studies Podcast, hosted by Dario Llinares and Lori Beckstead
- Music from the CLAPS podcast was Lahaina by Blue Dot Sessions
- Music was also Palms Down by Confectionery by Blue Dot Sessions (www.sessions.blue).
- 2022 CLAPS program
- Submission forms for researchers and reviewers available at libparlor.com/podcast.
Citation: Sewell, A., & Powell, C. (2023). Ep. 02: CLAPS 2022, Introducing The LibParlor Podcast: An open peer review podcast for information professionals [Audio podcast episode]. The LibParlor Podcast. https://open.spotify.com/episode/0MuzkBrWD6MBnUcXyPPFCs?si=7a306bdb3e4d4485.
Read the transcript.